It is no secret that we are night owls in my house. After all it's well after 2 am and I'm just now getting to typing this out plus I still plan on reading some of my book before I shut my eyes. All that's to say that a couple weekends ago when I woke up long after the rest of you had enjoyed your breakfast as I did my now morning ritual of pursuing Instagram (addicted I tell you) I started drooling over Kami from No Biggie's German Pancakes.
I needed them. I've had a version at The Original Pancake House before but I had never tried to make them myself. My mom was very pessimistic when I called her telling her what I was doing (I guess hers have always deflated on her) so when mine was all poofy and beautiful (not to mention tasty) I was so so excited!
Every time I have seen a recipe it seemed like it made a huge amount. Kami's wasn't quite as humungo as I have seen but I was still a little unsure about 6 eggs just for the two of us so I did a bit of tweaking and it turned out perfect for two hungry tummies for brunch.
Adapted from No Biggie (I had great success sizing the recipe down so I would think it could be sized up fine) I didn't try her buttermilk syrup recipe but it sounds delicious!
- 4 eggs
- 2/3cup milk
- 2/3cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Tablespoons butter
- With baking dish in the oven preheat to 400 F (I used a square 8x8 pyrex)
- Blend eggs, milk, flour, and salt until smooth.
- Place butter into hot dish and swirl around so it's melted and sizzling.
- Pour in blended batter.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 400F.
- Pull out of the oven, squeal with delight, post picture bedhead and all on instagram ;) oh I mean eat it and enjoy the deliciousness that was so ridiculously easy you have no idea why you didn't try to make them sooner. Try it with a squeeze of lemon and some powdered sugar yum!